Today, the look and feel of direct sales companies is changing rapidly. The “one-on-one” MLM sale is still going strong. And “group sales” is growing through Party Plan marketing techniques is on the rise. At The Sheffield Group, we’ve combined the traditional Party Plan approach with the more aggressive business building structure of multi-level marketing. We call this the “MLM-Party Plan Hybrid” model.
Take note that what we’re talking about is not your mother’s party plan business. What worked for Tupperware and other success stories years ago has evolved into today’s “group selling” format. Though people are intrinsically motivated by the same needs and drives, the times, methods and business model have changed. Here are just a few observations about how the industry works today and some ways the Sheffield Party Plan consultant team can educate and support you in using this amazing marketing strategy – it will help in the success of your company’s launch, expansion or rejuvenation.
Today’s party plans offer women (and men) an easy way to turn their desire for additional income, the opportunity to have their own businesses or to be their own boss and turn their passion into a profitable business. They pay out more money, to more people, faster than ever before. They don’t require their consultants to stockpile or hold inventory. And lastly, they capitalize on available technology and social selling, which enables consultants to balance business building and retail product sales, not only where they live, but virtually anywhere in the country or even around the world.
In an industry that either has to innovate or evaporate, the party plan has evolved to be a great blend of high touch and high-tech marketing. Many of the clients we see at The Sheffield Group are using it to market products and services that range from the mild to the wild. And even more intriguing is that many new and established companies are now seeking ways to integrate a party plan component into their network marketing and direct sales compensation plan and overall marketing strategy.
The Benefits of a Party Plan Model
Here are five great benefits of the Party Plan group selling model. Your consultants can:
- Have higher average sales per showing. Party Plan consultants average from $300-$1,000 in personal sales per month versus multi-level marketers at $50-$300.
- Reach more people in a shorter amount of time. Why present a product or service one-on-one when you can get better results with one-on-many? By utilizing Hosts, who are incentivized for inviting friends and family to a party, you have a source of new customers for your consultants.
- Works well with church and civic groups, employee lunches, parent’s groups, a great number of clubs, schools, etc. You may even choose to have a fundraising component in your plan.
- Have an advantage because the guests frequently help you sell by simply agreeing with you and by encouraging their friends to try or buy what they like. There is power in consensus. And once the buying frenzy starts, people are quick to follow because they are caught up in it.
- Find that converting the customers or hosts to active consultants is often simpler because they tried and fell in love with your product or service in a really fun environment. And everyone likes to have a business that is fun to build.
How To Start
So, where do you begin? Here are some specific things to consider when you are starting or expanding your party plan or direct sales company. (1) Do your products need to be demonstrated? (2) Do they need to be touched or experienced so that people can feel and understand the quality? (3) Do you have more than one product or product line? (4) Is your product in a common category for gift giving? If you answered “yes” to any of the previous questions then you should consider a party plan or at least a group selling component to your compensation model.
This new and improved group selling model is a great way to turn people and passion into profits, and can stand-alone or blend well with network marketing and/or direct sales. So, if you’ve shied away from party plans because you thought they were outdated or one-dimensional, it’s time for you to get this party started. The Sheffield Group Party Plan consultant team can provide you with expert guidance to incorporate the Party Plan model into your marketing plan.